Who will benefit
Those who often lead group discussions and activities and are required to get the best out of individuals in all group situations in order to stimulate effective outcomes from focus groups, team development, workshops or committees.
Understand group dynamics and have the confidence to handle difficult participants effectively and bring out the best from all those attending. Learn techniques to stimulate conversation and use right and left brain thinking to solve problems and generate more ideas.
- The role of a facilitator, responsibilities and realistic outcomes
- Recognise the effect you have on others
- Interpersonal skills and key skills of an effective facilitator
- Levels of control and keeping the group on track
- Encouraging participation, motivation and building a climate for open communication
- Effective questioning techniques to bring out discussion
- When to intervene or encourage deeper discussion
- Managing differences and conflict in the group
- Agreeing results, actions and next steps
- Facilitation practice with feedback and coaching