Who will benefit
This course is for anyone who is responsible for managing and leading a team and whose ability to communicate important, and sometimes sensitive information effectively, is vital. This course will also help anyone who recognises the need to conduct successful meaningful conversations in order to raise the performance of their team.
The course aims to enable you to more confidently deal with difficult issues that arise within your team. The course is designed to equip you with practical skills to enable you to conduct meaningful conversations and will give you the opportunity to practise using those skills.
Understand what we mean by ‘people’ issues and where and how these arise, for example:
Addressing poor performance or conduct, dealing with personal problems, investigating complaints / dealing with grievances, comforting or reassuring someone, tackling personality clashes .
- Understand the pitfalls of avoiding difficult conversations and the benefits of addressing important issues
- Learn what impact your leadership style has on your team and how you can adapt it in order to resolve difficult situations
- Understand the importance of receiving, as well as giving feedback and learn skills to do this effectively
- Explore the benefits of having meaningful conversations and use these to guide the action you take
- Identify the contributing factors leading to difficult situations and how to de-escalate the situation
- Identify how we can use rapport to create a climate of trust when dealing with people
- Explore the kind of language which engenders trust and ownership
- Explore seeing things from different perceptual positions and the importance of doing so
- Identify the right time and place to have conversations
- Illustrate the importance of giving and receiving feedback in a difficult situation
- Develop personal strategies and actions to proactively
- Develop a personal action plan
manage people issues and agree a way forward
1 or 2 Days